Thursday, December 9, 2010

December

December weather brings about many things: colder weather, gloves, hats, scarves, winter coats, but most importantly, Christmas. I have never been more excited to decorate than I was this year. My boyfriend and I adventured out shopping last week and bought an ample amount of Christmas decorations.  We bought our first tree and assorted ornaments to go with it. The one squabble we came across, however, was a dispute over colored or white lights. Growing up with my family we always had colored lights on the tree. My boyfriend, on the other hand, always had white. As you can probably guess we both wanted the opposite of what we grew up with. I let him win this one. We have colored light on our first tree. Personally I think white lights on prettier.

Vocabulary
Decorate:  verb. The act of decorating and putting up things.
Adventured:  verb. To go out or have an unique or unusual experience of doing something.
Ample:  adjective. A good, sufficient amount of something.
Decorations:  noun. Something used for decorating.
Assorted:  adjective. Different types, kinds of a particular item.
Dispute:  noun. An argument or disagreement.
Squabble:  noun. A petty quarrel.
Vocabulary Exercise
Fill in the blanks:
Every year we _______________ our tree, and also put up many _________________ around our home. There are an ____________ amount of decorations that we ______________ out to purchase. We bought different types of decorations and ornaments so we have an _____________. We had a petty _________ at the store about the color of lights to put on the tree. However, I lost the ______________ and now we have colored lights.
Links
Practice your comparatives and superlative below:
Grammar Point
Comparatives are verbs and adverbs that end in –er.
Which are the comparative in my blog? Are there any superlatives?

1 comment: